DAN MCGLAUGHLIN

ACTOR/VOICE ACTOR
click the link

Monday, November 3, 2008

Shadowboxing

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.

-Blaise Pascal
Movies are stories with shadows and lights.

- George Lucas

Tawdry bits of rubbish, I'd actually like to say to her.
I put my hands up, I swear every time she watches "Sex and the City" we have a fight.
You're Othello, and that's Iago, sweetheart.
Well you're Bruce Banner and beer turns you into the Hulk, only in your case Bruce Banner is a retard and the Hulk looks the same as Bruce Banner he just transforms into a fatter and more retarded retard.
Touche.
But I think better of it, because neither of us are even there. My words which launch like little invective bullets evaporate in the white-hot heat surrounding her like an ungodly demon aura, the way all of creation looks through barbecue inferno air.

What's the opposite of a halo in those old medieval paintings?
She doesn't hear me, because she can't. Because to hear someone you have to admit that they exist, and I don't, to her.

Fiction is our great friend (I think to myself very quickly I don't think it actually the thought just appears in my head behind the ugly thrush perched in my head singing some kind of twilight dirge in a rock-opera by Metallica - it's hideous the whole thing, loud guitars a lady wearing some sort of Gothic Teutonic costume festooned with tired occult symbols, only WWF fans could buy this and its even worse because its in my head, my powers of invention have produced THIS) because in reality the spirit is largely invisible and in fiction we can make it visible.

"Is this heaven?
No, it's Iowa."
Same thing.
Fiction.

And besides we're too old to be fighting like this, I thought you said that you wanted to go and you don't but remember when we and I was hoping to what are you really angry about love, what is happening here, we love each other right, we love each other, right?
(I'm on the fire-escape now)
No I'm not mad, I never raised my voice, this is life, life is good but hard it's not the T.V.'s and the movies, you're right where you should be life is fits and starts mostly fits - Celebrity the great curse of the generations after Reagan.
(I put the cigarette out, the moon and the beer have gone to my head)
Drunken Lunatic.
Now you've got jokes.

To the men that grew up in the great silence, when television, radio and its attendant miseries couldn't even be imagined, I think about you in my unquiet, roomdark unsimple in cluttered thingdom-ness.
Wishing to unlearn what my eyes have taught me in telemovieinfotainment land, memories are favorite films and we speak actor quotes.
They've hardied all the boys and betty-crockered all the girls, so i meet a girl from India and find the differences aren't the differences between "Armegeddon" and "Deep Impact" but Man and Beast.

No comments: