DAN MCGLAUGHLIN

ACTOR/VOICE ACTOR
click the link

Friday, September 21, 2012

31 #8

Now hear me out. I work. I understand that I'm not entitled to anything ipso facto. The post-modern, post-industrialist, competitive commercial marketplace that we all kind of agree to participate in stipulates (implicitly, sometimes dramatically) that you're not going to get anything for free, and you have to be the best at/have the right ideas/manage your money correctly/work very hard all the time. I'm  not saying it's a Christian way of doing things. I wouldn't even call it fair or right. But I don't make the rules and I didn't design the way the world/money/America/society/work operates.

But we're here and the fact that I want to get out of bed everyday and want to exercise my ass off, and try to make money, and hope and burn for some miasmic collection of goals in my heart demonstrates to me that there is a GOOD that I am meant to ACHIEVE and that I can achieve it.

But shit's too expensive and the shit that fucks me up is cheap. Now that can't be an accident, right?

I'm not trying to sound angry or combative but I've been doing some reading about the confiscation of wages, the labor theory of value, and I'm anxiously awaiting the publication of a book titled "Barren Metal" - so. Ugh. Maybe I'll get a good gig today and you'll never have to read anything like this again.

Let's shoot for that.


No comments: