DAN MCGLAUGHLIN

ACTOR/VOICE ACTOR
click the link

Monday, September 22, 2008

An Actor's Note to a Director

Hey Listen,

I know that we're still doing a run and everything and I know that this kind of Thank You Note is usually reserved for closing night parties, or Tony Awards' after parties in swanky New York Penthouses but I'm bursting at the seems here! I mean the comparisons with Scorsese, Kazan, Stanislavsky are patent as far as I'm concerned.

There is one specific moment that I think was pure genius. You know what I'm referring to?

Of course you do!

What a curve ball! I never thought my neighbor would have had this genius: You take the boring, mundane and rote little piece of business of my character coming home from work and backing his motorcycle down the driveway and into the garage and turn it into a mythopoeic struggle for his life just by throwing sand all over the driveway!

Genius.

I wonder what acting challenges I'll be surprised by next?

Gratefully,

Dan

No comments: